Home Forums Main Forum Challenger

Viewing 7 posts - 106 through 112 (of 112 total)
  • Author
    Brookes745

And after several layers applied, the finger crossing worked!!!

Brookes745

So onto the glassing. I have tried different ways of doing this as there are many but the following shows my preferred method. First the materials/equipment required…..

Brookes745

The Z-poxy resin is mixed, thinned using the isopropanol which is basically neat alcohol and then applied using a brush…….

Brookes745

Then any excess resin is soaked up using toilet roll. The idea here is to leave just enough resin to stick the glass cloth to the wood and no more. Excess resin is not your friend and will only have to be sanded off later.

Brookes745

Once dried this leaves a hard, durable finish that just requires sanding. If you were going for a super smooth finish you could apply a second coat, but for this model, one is fine. The surface will be filled by the primer.

Brookes745

I will now continue and do the fuselage, hatch and fin. This process is typically 20 minutes of work followed by 24 hours drying so I’ll report back as I go. In the meantime, using the equation governing the number of models a person should own, n+1, where n is the number you currently have, I shall be putting this bad boy together during drying times…..build thread to follow.

DRCH
    Keymaster

Some great stuff, thank you so much for sharing 👍🏻

Viewing 7 posts - 106 through 112 (of 112 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.