Home Forums Main Forum FREEWING P-51D HP “OLD CROW” 1410MM (55″) WINGSPAN – PNP

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    DRCH
    Keymaster

Hi all,

Hope you all having a good Friday, no pun intended. Added the Friday feeling video.

Chris

william Ross
    Participant

Looking forward to fridays upload looking good hope you have had a reply back about your sound system

👍

William

DRCH
    Keymaster

Hi William,

Glad to see you are keeping safe, up I will be uploading another video today, I am also testing some software for live stream (Should be intresting). So to answer your question about MrRcSound….

Email from and to him..

Hi, I have installed your great Aspire but I wired the speaker wire
    the wring way, can this damage the speaker in any way? As when I start
    a sound it always adds a pop sound before it players the track. Thanks
    in advance Chris

Hi Chris,

they are polarity sensitive, wiring incorrectly can also damage the sound board, if all works ok but for the one popping sound at the start, I would probably live with it until any further problems occur as we cannot accommodate repairs etc at this time
    best regards
    Paul

Hi Paul,

Not sure how I missed your email. Anyway, it pops if the throttle goes higher via the transmitter and will keep randomly popping.
    While it pops the Program light flashes.
    Any clue please.
    I would be happy to send a video if needed. I tried this on a normal speaker.

Keep safe

Kind regards

Chris

Hi Chris,

couple of things to try,

first select a different engine sound, this will eliminate a corrupt track

try reducing the volume, this will eliminate a bad volume knob, it can happen!

use a tt25 one at a time, in each of the ports, if you have more than 1 tt25, use one at a time, see if we can establish if the tt25 is bad.

You can send back, its a flat $25 for repair (if viable) plus postage if outside the USA.

Unfortunately there isn’t a definite answer here, you might have damaged the board, it could just be the tt25.You could always buy another tt25 as this is the cheapest option, if the same fault occurs, you can send the unit back, then at least you can use two tt25 or have a spare on hand
    let me know what you think
    Paul

Hi Paul,

I only have one tt25. Unused a small speaker to eliminate the tt25, and normally the Coil would be crusty, if blown.

I will have a look at the volume etc, see if any dry soldier joints.

In outside the UK, I brought of Motion RC Europe. Be time i send it back and you send to me, I might as well buy another 😞

Will play around and see what I can see. Thank you Paul for your prompt response.

Chris

Hi Paul,

Well I looked at everything and it still constantly pops and the program light flashes when it pops.
    Must be the board, speaker fine on a meter.

Can you give me a price for sending from the UK and returning it please.

Kind regards

Chris

Still no reply, I guess I will mailing Motion RC, I have spoken to a few intelligent people and they say that they agree wit me that the board cannot be that good if they do not have protection from reversing the polarity of the speaker, if it would cause that damage..Strange on. It is an expensive board for them to turn around and say if it has one poo I would live with it, its like saying that a plane should abbe 3 blades for its prop and it vibrates when you fire up and then the company saying I would live with that lol. So far its a sloppy customer service. Lets see what Motion RC has to say.

Chris

DRCH
    Keymaster

Hi all,

That Friday feeling has come around and so has the next video, enjoy.

Chris

Brookes745

Hi Chris

I hope you get the sequencing sorted out for both the lights and the gear….the gear looks amazing.

I’m pretty sure the full size only has one landing light….in the left wheel bay.

Ian

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by Brookes745.
    william Ross
    Participant

Hi Chris

Enjoyed the latest episode not having much luck with the old crow but sure that’s what modelling is all about always something to fix or adjust 🤣
    Stay safe

William

DRCH
    Keymaster

That’s interesting, will look more into the design. I have seen many planes that have an issue with the sequencer. All good fun. Have a great weekend.

Chris

DRCH
    Keymaster

Hi William,

Yup always like an excuse to tinker. If it is the sequencer, I will just have to speak to MotionRC for some new ones.
    I am sure I will be speaking to them about the sound card anyway.
    Have a great Saturday.

Chris

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.