Home Forums Main Forum Kyosho Calmato Alpha 60 Sports

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Brookes745

Despite me deciding that I was going full electric, a conversation with a club mate about the primeval satisfaction of firing up an engine and the smell of burning glow fuel, I decided I need a new model in my life. And this is it, a Kyosho Calmato Alpha 60 Sports. The kit claims to be able to be put together without glue which seems like cheating to an old balsa basher like me but we will see…..

Brookes745

A few goodies to go with it….the engine is an OS81 Alpha 4 stroke which I was lucky to get as they are no longer made and at a bargain price.

Brookes745

Unboxing…the contents seem well wrapped and secured and as Chris would say, a nice bible (instruction book)

Brookes745

Wings showing upper and lower surfaces…..

Brookes745

Fuselage which comes in two parts and can be split for transportation…..

Brookes745

Tail plane, fuselage and wing joining tubes, accessory pack and top cowling for EP version….

Brookes745

Accessory pack opened showing landing gear, EP & GP motor mounts, fuel tank and sundries other items….very complete.

DRCH
    Keymaster

Unlike this one, looks like static undercarriage, will you swap this or keep. Nice plane thou 👍🏻

Brookes745

Yep this one has static undercarriage and will be staying that way.

First job install the ailerons. These are screwed to the mounting plates in the same way I used on the Challenger, except these appear to have been 3D printed….

Brookes745

And then installed into the wing. Note the metal pins securing the ailerons…..

Brookes745

I’ll join the wings later so for now the steerable nose landing gear leg was installed. This will have it’s own sperate servo which the instructions call for a it to be connected via a Y lead to the rudder servo, however, I will mix it to a separate channel on the rx.

Brookes745

Next job was to join the fuselage halves which are located by 3 aluminium tubes, here shown inserted in the front part of the fuselage.

Brookes745

Next the rear part offered up……

Brookes745

And finally secured together using plastic bolts. I will probably leave it assembled.

Brookes745

And this is what it looks like…..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.