Home Forums Main Forum Kyosho Calmato Alpha 60 Sports

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Brookes745

Next up the tail plane was fitted along with the rudder servo and linkage……

Brookes745

And followed by the elevator servo. Both the servos being at the rear start alarm bells ringing with me about centre of gravity position, we shall see.

Brookes745

Next the engine was fitted along with the tank, a bit of a mission as the plane is designed to use a 2 stroke but it went in well enough.

Brookes745

Next the throttle and nose wheel steering servos were fitted…..

Brookes745

It was at this point I decided to do a quick c of g check and so the wings were joined, main undercarriage legs fitted and……..hopelessly tail heavy as predicted… 🙁 I estimate that it will need about 350 gm of nose weight and as I hate flying lead around the sky, I’ve ordered a nice 5000mah 6v sub c pack for the receiver which should do the job.

• This reply was modified 7 months, 2 weeks ago by Brookes745.
    Brookes745

So the battery turned up and was installed, under the tank tray with some foam protection.

Brookes745

Then the tank was refitted and the tank hatch bolted in place…….

Brookes745

So then the wing was refitted, the plane taken outside and, while holding my breath, placed on my balance jig……….and………perfect

Brookes745

So that’s it ready to go. The radio was programmed for the nose wheel steering and I mixed in flaperons to aid getting into our small strip. Maiden flight next……

Brookes745

DRCH
    Keymaster

Wow she a beaut. Great build 👍🏻

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.