Home Forums Main Forum NEXA DH.82 TIGER MOTH BRITISH CAMO

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    DRCH
    Keymaster

Lets have fun with this build…

DRCH
    Keymaster

Well I am excited, I finally got my hands on a wooden plane, and yes it will be a fuel plane not electric.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by DRCH.
    DRCH
    Keymaster

Time for an Engine test….

DRCH
    Keymaster

You are not going to believe what I did, I mean huge brain fart….

Brookes745

Chris

If you look at the markings on the firewall they are already offset to the right…..all you need do is centre the engine mount on those lines.

Regarding the tank, I would look for another rather than carve up your model. Dubro tanks are very good and tend to be wider and flatter than normal. I have a few of these so measure your cavity (?) and I’ll measure the ones I have.

Ian

DRCH
    Keymaster

Thanks for the reply Ian,

So you think I would have to not center the Engine? I mean keep the engine center to the firewall hole?

Chris

DRCH
    Keymaster

New video uploaded with he fixes for the tail section….

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by DRCH.
    Brookes745

Yes….ignore where the hole is, its not important, its only for you to feed the fuel lines through. Centre your mount using the lines marked on the firewall, it will give you the correct offset so your cowl lines up correctly.

DRCH
    Keymaster

Finally got to the flying field to run-in the engine before I connect her to the Tiger moth.

Brookes745

Chris. Some pictures of the engine installation on my Bolero to help you….. note the position of the blue fuel filter and the throttle hook up.

Brookes745

Other side showing extension to needle valve to clear the cowl and the crankcase breather pipe…..

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by Brookes745.
    Brookes745

View from below showing the exhaust pressurisation line running back to the tank. The two pipes are the fill line (the one with the blanking screw) and the crankcase pressurisation line which both stick out of the cowl.

Brookes745

Finally the fuel tank installation with the fill and pressurisation lines running into the top and the feed line from the centre. Tank is mounted on a foam pad to reduce foaming of the fuel due to engine vibration. In this model I’ve held it in place using a Velcro strap but you can use foam, elastic bands or build a box to hold it, depends on the layout of the fuselage. Note also the black wire push rod for the throttle….

DRCH
    Keymaster

Thanks for posting this, will be doing the tank next week 👍🏻

Chris

DRCH
    Keymaster

More Friday Feeling Building fun… I hope everyone is well and safe 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.