Home Forums Main Forum SebArt Wind S 50E ARF

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    Brookes745

Next up is the rudder servo install, a McGregor MG5921HV shown with associated parts….

Brookes745

And installed into the airframe. Note one of the elevator servo 90cm extension leads ready for the next part.

Brookes745

Next job is to fit the elevator halves. Items laid out ready…..

Brookes745

Elevator halves installed. Simple job of inserting the carbon rod, connecting the servo leads, sliding the halves on securing with the hex bolts arrowed at the top of the picture. Further security is the added by drilling a tapping holes for the self taping screws through the carbon rod shown on the lower arrow. Interestingly, the manual does not show the hex bolt locating tabs so I assume this was a modification in later versions.

Brookes745

Finally for tonight, a the rudder and elevators were plugged in, sense checked and set to zero. The elevators halves each have their own channel on the receiver.

Brookes745

Next up is the landing gear, parts shown here. The blue/silver/white things are leg fairings, more about them later.

Brookes745

Fitting the legs was quite straightforward if a little fiddly. Wheels and spats fitted but I’m not sure I use the spats off our grass field and may go larger on the wheels.

Brookes745

Topside shot……

Brookes745

Going back to the landing gear fairings. They are made out of balsa and so may be prone to damage along with the landing gear mounting points in a less than perfect, ie standard for me, landing. The mounting points is an easy fix by adding some glass fibre bandage to the area shown in yellow in the picture. I may also look to beef up the fairing with either ply or glass fibre board which will also help stop the landing gear from bending but not sure yet. I think this bird will probably be slightly tail heavy and I’d rather add weight by adding strength than by adding lead. We’ll see.

• This reply was modified 10 months, 1 week ago by Brookes745.
    • This reply was modified 10 months, 1 week ago by Brookes745.
    Brookes745

Next job was motor installation, parts shown below. Motor is a Hacker A50 16S……

Brookes745

Installation consisted of bolting a mounting box to the existing structure and then the motor to that box. This was fiddly with a capital F…..

Brookes745

Next was cowl installation. The motor has a large amount of right thrust built in and the power leads as I had them were tight up against the cowl so the motor was rotated 90 degrees to allow the leads to go down the other side which has more clearance. Cowl installed in my usual way by measuring from mounting points.

Brookes745

Cowl complete……

Brookes745

Next job was to open up cooling holes in lower fuselage.

Brookes745

Next I test fitted the wings and set up and zeroed the aileron servos. Couldn’t resist an all together shot……

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.