Forum Replies Created
And then installed into the wing. Note the metal pins securing the ailerons…..
Yep this one has static undercarriage and will be staying that way.
First job install the ailerons. These are screwed to the mounting plates in the same way I used on the Challenger, except these appear to have been 3D printed….
Accessory pack opened showing landing gear, EP & GP motor mounts, fuel tank and sundries other items….very complete.
Tail plane, fuselage and wing joining tubes, accessory pack and top cowling for EP version….
Fuselage which comes in two parts and can be split for transportation…..
Wings showing upper and lower surfaces…..
Unboxing…the contents seem well wrapped and secured and as Chris would say, a nice bible (instruction book)
A few goodies to go with it….the engine is an OS81 Alpha 4 stroke which I was lucky to get as they are no longer made and at a bargain price.
I will now continue and do the fuselage, hatch and fin. This process is typically 20 minutes of work followed by 24 hours drying so I’ll report back as I go. In the meantime, using the equation governing the number of models a person should own, n+1, where n is the number you currently have, I shall be putting this bad boy together during drying times…..build thread to follow.
Once dried this leaves a hard, durable finish that just requires sanding. If you were going for a super smooth finish you could apply a second coat, but for this model, one is fine. The surface will be filled by the primer.
Then any excess resin is soaked up using toilet roll. The idea here is to leave just enough resin to stick the glass cloth to the wood and no more. Excess resin is not your friend and will only have to be sanded off later.
The Z-poxy resin is mixed, thinned using the isopropanol which is basically neat alcohol and then applied using a brush…….
So onto the glassing. I have tried different ways of doing this as there are many but the following shows my preferred method. First the materials/equipment required…..
And after several layers applied, the finger crossing worked!!!